9.0

2016 Chevrolet Malibu transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu:

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 272019

Malibu LT 2.0L T

Every component on today's vehicles is controlled by the computers and sensors and if one fails it affects the complete system, a drop or increase in voltage causes problems for the complete system. Causing another component to fail. It could cause death, injury or damage!

- Frank E., Conroe, TX, US

Jul 082019

Malibu

When I would park my car and shift to park to turn the car off. A sign comes up for me to shift to park --- I had shifted to park however the car does not seem to know it so the sign says shift to park and will start dinging. When I called Kindred Chevrolet in Smithville, Mo., I was told that a lot of Chevy Malibus are having the same problem. When I parked my car in my garage on Monday July 8th 2019 It told me to shift to Park and started dinging. I could not leave my car dinging all night so it took me several tries to get the car to accept that I had shifted to Park. After many starting and shifting and starting again and shifting to park again and again it did finally stop dinging.

If there are so many Malibus with this problem -- why don't they do a recall. I am a woman and live alone. It was very upsetting to me to have this problem.

- Dorothy B., Kansas City, US

Jun 242019

Malibu LT 4 cyl

Getting a "SHIFT TO PARK" warning message even though car is actually in park. Dealership states this is a known issue across multiple GM models but GM refuses to accept responsibility. Repair will cost $750.00 dollars and is not covered under an extended powertrain warranty. GM says this is an electronic part and is not part of the powertrain. How can the gear shifter not be considered as a part of the powertrain electronically controlled or not? This is nothing but a convenient excuse to hide a known problem and to avoid paying for your own mistake and you know it GM. It will be back to Toyota after this crap... GUARANTEED !!!

- Kevin P., Lyman, SC, US

May 272019

Malibu

When I put the car in park its not like its registering to the car its parked. The engine turns off but all other system is still on . My radio and lights will not turn off. Its a pain cause you have to keep messing with it until it accepts that the car is in park. This is was brand new car when bought it in 2016, having problems with it now not cool .

- Sheree M., Yulee, US