- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 7 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 61 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 65 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 66 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 67 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 99041: GM/ABS
1996 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
If this occurred at a time when minimum stopping distance was required, a vehicle crash could occur without prior warning.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock
- Vehicle description: Certain 4-wheel drive pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles equipped with ABS (antilock braking system) manufactured from September 1989 through August 1996. Under certain driving conditions the switch which signals the ABS system whether the vehicle is in 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive can malfunction causing increased stopping distances during ABS stops while in the two-wheel drive mode.
- Dealers will replace or repair the 4-wheel/2-wheel drive switch.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.