- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 3 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 57 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 61 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 62 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 63 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/Brake Line Contacts Oil Pan
1996 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Brake fluid loss can reduce braking effectiveness and increase stopping distances resulting in a vehicle crash without prior warning.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Vehicle description: Light duty passenger pickup trucks equipped with 4.3L engines. The front brake line can contact the left-hand side of the engine oil pan causing the brake line to wear to the point of brake fluid loss during brake application.
- Dealers will inspect the clearance between the oil pan and the brake line. If the clearance is 6mm or less, dealers will install an additional brake line clip and if there was contact between the oil pan and brake line, the front brake line will be replaced.
Click a tab for more information.