- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 4 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 58 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 62 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 63 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 64 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/Power Train:Transmission:5 Speed And Up
1996 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
These transmissions could seize and lock the rear drive wheels while the truck is being driven causing a loss of vehicle control increasing the potential for a vehicle accident.
Power Train — Manual Transmission
- Some of these trucks were built with transmissions containing parts which were not machined to GM's specifications.
- Dealers will inspect the transmission main shaft output torque using a special tool. If the output torque does not meet specifications, the transmission will be replaced.
Click a tab for more information.