- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 30 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 31 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 33 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 13442: PRNDM Position Indicator/FMVSS 102
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The transmission position indicator may not show that the transmission is in first gear (1) and not drive (D). If the drivers pulls into traffic, the vehicle's speed would be limited, resulting in an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain software intended for 2015 vehicles that was installed by service centers into model year 2014 Chevrolet Silverados and GMC Sierras equipped with Allison A1000 transmissions. The incorrect software may cause the transmission indicator not to display that gear position "1" has been selected. As such, this vehicle does not conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 102, "Transmission Shift Lever Sequence, Starter Interlock, and Transmission Braking Effect."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will upload the correct transmission software, free of charge. The recall began on January 27, 2014. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC at 1-800-462-8782. General Motors' number for this recall is 13442.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.