- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 4 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 9 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 15 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 24 days ago
- September 20: Chevrolet Trax Recall Issued For Separated Lower Control Arms recalls | 26 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 13442: PRNDM Position Indicator/FMVSS 102
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The transmission position indicator may not show that the transmission is in first gear (1) and not drive (D). If the drivers pulls into traffic, the vehicle's speed would be limited, resulting in an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain software intended for 2015 vehicles that was installed by service centers into model year 2014 Chevrolet Silverados and GMC Sierras equipped with Allison A1000 transmissions. The incorrect software may cause the transmission indicator not to display that gear position "1" has been selected. As such, this vehicle does not conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 102, "Transmission Shift Lever Sequence, Starter Interlock, and Transmission Braking Effect."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will upload the correct transmission software, free of charge. The recall began on January 27, 2014. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC at 1-800-462-8782. General Motors' number for this recall is 13442.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.