- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 29 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 35 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 69 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 83 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 13442: PRNDM Position Indicator/FMVSS 102
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The transmission position indicator may not show that the transmission is in first gear (1) and not drive (D). If the drivers pulls into traffic, the vehicle's speed would be limited, resulting in an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain software intended for 2015 vehicles that was installed by service centers into model year 2014 Chevrolet Silverados and GMC Sierras equipped with Allison A1000 transmissions. The incorrect software may cause the transmission indicator not to display that gear position "1" has been selected. As such, this vehicle does not conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 102, "Transmission Shift Lever Sequence, Starter Interlock, and Transmission Braking Effect."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will upload the correct transmission software, free of charge. The recall began on January 27, 2014. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC at 1-800-462-8782. General Motors' number for this recall is 13442.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.