CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 has an early trend of the transmission shifting hard, surging & jerking.

At the moment these trucks are still under warranty. However this transmission problem shows up right away with the average reported mileage only around 3,000 miles, so for now the 2017 Silverado earns our "Beware of the Clunker" badge.

7.3

2. replace hoses (1 reports)
  3. shut off vent and reroute (1 reports)
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 012019

Silverado 1500 LTZ` 5.3L

I had my condenser replaced as they diagnosed THAT as being the problem. 3 weeks and the A/C is not working at all again. NOW, they (Serra Chevrolet) are claiming the Suction and Discharge hoses are leaking. BUT those are not covered under my extended warranty I paid for when I bought the truck new! They want me, a disabled man to fork over $1119.00 for a repair I feel they misdiagnosed in the first place. There are a few recalls on up to 2016 Silverado's for the EXACT same issues, but they are claiming because my truck is an early '17, I am not included in the recall!!!! I am disgusted with General Motors handling of this bullshit!

- William M., Hendersonville, TN, US

Nov 162017

Silverado 1500 LX 5.7L V8

I took the car in three time and all three mechanics say that how the engineer was design. I told all mechanics that they were smoking .... I told them, while driving in Southern California you don't need to have the ac on all the time and if you don't turn on the ac the hot air from the engine will brow through the vehicle vent which become very discomfort. So my truck haven't fix the problem yet. I'm still waiting for someone out there that have the same problems as i do.

- mikaele64, Mission Viejo, US

Oct 102017

Silverado 1500 LX 5.7L

I took this vehicle in several times already and the technician is telling me to have ac on so the vehicle will not be blowing hot air into the car. Even through the temperature is 66 degrees outside.

The specialist is telling me that's how GM built all their new vehicles.

This so bullshit.