- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 2 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 7 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 12 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 18 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 17307: Missing Child Anchorage Instructions/FMVSS 225
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
If the instructions are missing from the owner's manual, the child seat may be installed incorrectly and not be properly secured, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
Child Seat — Vehicle Tether Anchor
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, and GMC Sierra 1500 trucks. The owner's manual for the affected vehicles may be missing instructions on how to use the tether anchorage and child restraint anchorage systems. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 225, "Child Restraint Anchorage Systems."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will provide a corrected insert for the owners manual, free of charge. The recall began on September 25, 2017. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), or 1-800-462-8782 (GMC). GM's number for this recall is 17307.
- Documents (7)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 3, 2017 Subject: 17307 - Noncompliance Recall LATCH Child Seat Attachment Information Missing From Owner Manual
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 225
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172097470 Release Date: August 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.