- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 12 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 20 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 21 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 28 days ago
Chevrolet Recall N182198820: Passenger Air Bag Module Damaged During Assembly
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
In the event of a crash, an air bag that does not inflate properly can increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Passenger Side — Inflator Module
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab and GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab vehicles. The passenger-side frontal air bag module may have been damaged during assembly, possibly resulting in the air bag not inflating properly in the event of a crash.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger side air bag module, free of charge. The recall began on December 18, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is N182198820.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 13, 2018 Subject: N182198820-01 - Safety Recall Passenger Airbag Underinflated
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N182198820 Passenger Airbag Underinflated
- Safety Bulletin
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 6, 2018 Subject: N182198820 - Safety Recall Passenger Airbag Underinflated
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.