- March 20: GMC Sierra 3500 and Chevy Silverado 3500 Trucks Recalled recalls | 3 days ago
- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 35 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 41 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 75 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 15504: Radio Software Lock Up/FMVSS 208, 114
2015 Chevrolet Sonic
Without audible indicators, the driver may leave the key in the ignition, increasing the risk of theft. If a driver or front passenger does not buckle their seat belt, there would be no chime to remind them to fasten their seat belts. If a driver or passenger does not buckle their seat belt there is an increased risk that they will be injured in a crash.
Equipment — Electrical — Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Chevrolet Spark vehicles manufactured April 30, 2014, to May 20, 2015, and 2015 Chevrolet Sonic vehicles manufactured June 18, 2014, to June 10, 2015. In the affected vehicles, equipped with the base radio and OnStar, the radio may lock up due to a software issue, causing the display to go blank and all audio functions to cease. Because of this, there may be no warning chimes such as the reminder to buckle the seat belt and the key being left in ignition when the driver goes to exit the vehicle. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208 "Occupant Crash Protection", and 114 "Theft Protection."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the radio software, free of charge. The recall began on August 11, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 15504.
- Documents (14)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15504A Date: August 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 15504A – Noncompliance Recall Radio Lockup with Loss of Chimes Customer Letter Added
- Miscellaneous Document
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 208, 114
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.