- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 3 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 4 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 35 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 36 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Sonic
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is fairly new & is already showing an early trend of transmission problems.
Owners report hesitation when shifting & grinding/hard shifting into gears. Some dealers are calling the condition "normal". Another owner reported his dealership replaced the transmission under warranty, but the new transmission had the same exact grinding problem. Design defect?
Worst 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems40NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems30NHTSA complaints: 78
- transmission problems29NHTSA complaints: 3
- AC / heater problems10
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 11
- windows / windshield problems9NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 25
- cooling system problems5
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 42
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 29
- clutch problems2
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 110
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 29
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Sonic Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Sonic compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Sonic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonic.