- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 4 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 9 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 15 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 24 days ago
- September 20: Chevrolet Trax Recall Issued For Separated Lower Control Arms recalls | 26 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Sonic
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is fairly new & is already showing an early trend of transmission problems.
Owners report hesitation when shifting & grinding/hard shifting into gears. Some dealers are calling the condition "normal". Another owner reported his dealership replaced the transmission under warranty, but the new transmission had the same exact grinding problem. Design defect?
Worst 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems41NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems32NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems31NHTSA complaints: 84
- AC / heater problems10
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 11
- windows / windshield problems10NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 25
- cooling system problems5
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 45
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 33
- clutch problems2
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 120
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 35
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Sonic Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Sonic compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Sonic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonic.