1997 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe:

1997 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Mar 032014

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

I bought this vehicle at tax time in 2014. I absolutely love my truck. It's a lifted, automatic 4WD with front and back towing pkg, and perfect for the mountain roads and snow where I live. Less than a month after I bought it I had to travel 300 miles to tucson and the transmission went out, didn't have the money to get it fixed so I transferred my job and started over in tucson. After much deliberation with the dealer, they finally had the transmission rebuilt. They gave me a 300 mi warranty (all I needed to get back to tucson) and less than a week after I got home, the fuel pump went out. So I let the truck sit for 2 months before I got it fixed. I came across enough money to get me and my children out of dv situation and proceeded to drive them to Michigan. Made it to ok and it was completely burned out again. I always have routine maintenance done, I do understand how to use an automatic 4WD, I don't push my vehicle too hard. I made it to Michigan but here it is winter and I have a truck in ok that I love and am still paying for and can't use, and do not understand why the transmission keeps going out and in the mean time I have 2 kids and one on the way and can't afford to fix my truck or get a new one. I was told there was a recall on my transmission, but cannot find one. Please let me know if there is anything I need to know or can do.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Oct 012002

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Odometer fraud. I purchased a vechicle and later found out that the miles have been rolled back almost 100,000 miles. I would like information on how to proceede in filing both criminal and civil charges against the responsible party.

- N. Hollywood, CA, USA

Jul 172002

Tahoe 4WD

Engine starving, engine check light on. Had fuel injectors cleaned in August 2001. This time #6 fuel injector failure. Car is not old, not abused and many items failing ie: Parts of transmission. In the past year have had many major repaires.

- Lincoln Park, MI, USA

Jul 212000

Tahoe

While driving transmission began to slip and engine check light came on vehicle slowed down in highway traffic had to coast to nearest service station and had vehicle towed to dealership was told that transmission needed to be replaced. Also, fuel pump had failed simultaneously since incident fuel pump has been replaced 3 times and counting.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 081999

Tahoe 4WD

Steering and front supension getting very loose.dealer says normal but is not

- Shelton, CT, USA