- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 2 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 27 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 28 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 29 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 01043: GM/Seat Belt Retractor
2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
In a crash, increased occupant injury could result from the no-lock condition.
Seat Belts — Front — Retractor
- Vehicle description: Pickup and utility trucks. Some of these vehicles have an internal component in the outboard seat belt retractors for the 2nd and 3rd row of seats that could be cracked. With repeated actuation of the locking mechanism, the crack could spread to the point such that the seat belt would no longer lock.
- Dealers will inspect the outboard seat belts for specific lot numbers and replace the belts if necessary. GM is enclosing an inspection procedure for the owners to use or they can have their dealers do the inspections. Owner notification began July 2, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.