- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 2 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 4 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 18 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 39 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 01043: GM/Seat Belt Retractor
2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
In a crash, increased occupant injury could result from the no-lock condition.
Seat Belts — Front — Retractor
- Vehicle description: Pickup and utility trucks. Some of these vehicles have an internal component in the outboard seat belt retractors for the 2nd and 3rd row of seats that could be cracked. With repeated actuation of the locking mechanism, the crack could spread to the point such that the seat belt would no longer lock.
- Dealers will inspect the outboard seat belts for specific lot numbers and replace the belts if necessary. GM is enclosing an inspection procedure for the owners to use or they can have their dealers do the inspections. Owner notification began July 2, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.