- April 16: Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Issues Debated In Court news | 3 days ago
- April 13: Chevy Bolt Propulsion Power Reduced Due to Battery Cells: GM news | 6 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 12 days ago
- March 26: Injured Cop Sues Dealership For Not Reporting Stolen SUV news | 24 days ago
- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 01043: GM/Seat Belt Retractor
2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
In a crash, increased occupant injury could result from the no-lock condition.
Seat Belts — Front — Retractor
- Vehicle description: Pickup and utility trucks. Some of these vehicles have an internal component in the outboard seat belt retractors for the 2nd and 3rd row of seats that could be cracked. With repeated actuation of the locking mechanism, the crack could spread to the point such that the seat belt would no longer lock.
- Dealers will inspect the outboard seat belts for specific lot numbers and replace the belts if necessary. GM is enclosing an inspection procedure for the owners to use or they can have their dealers do the inspections. Owner notification began July 2, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.