- December 1: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 2 days ago
- November 23: GM Airbag Recall To Cover 7 Million Vehicles recalls | 10 days ago
- November 23: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- November 18: General Motors Continental Tire Recall recalls | 15 days ago
- November 17: Chevy Corvette Cracked Rims Lawsuit Dismissed news | 16 days ago
Fuel Gauge Not Working
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 68,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 225 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (123 reports)
- replace fuel level sensor (78 reports)
- replace fuel pump (15 reports)
- parts should be recalled (4 reports)
- drop out fuel tank and check coil postition (3 reports)
- replace fuel sending unit (3 reports)
accessories - interior problem