- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 3 days ago
- December 9: Chevrolet SS Power Steering Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 4 days ago
- November 21: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Fires Cause Truck Recall recalls | 22 days ago
- November 18: Chevrolet Equinox SUVs Recalled For Brake Caliper Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- November 10: GM Oil Consumption Settlement Finalized news | 33 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Failure23
- Clunks Into Gear2
- Erratic Shifting Behavior2
- Loud Whine From Transmission2
- Shifts Into Drive Without Applying Brake2
- Dip Stick Rusted Completely Through1
- Not Shifting Properly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission23
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.