- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 15 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 20 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 23 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 24 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 31 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Light On7
- Excessive Oil Consumption5
- Engine Stalls/Shuts Down While Driving4
- Engine Misfired Due To Rain Water In The Valve Cover1
- Leaking Oil1
- Ticking Noise1
- NHTSA: Engine41
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling15
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control14
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.