- March 11: GM Destination Charge Class Action Lawsuit is Over news | 11 days ago
- February 23: GM Lifter Failure Lawsuit: 17 Plaintiffs Sent to Arbitration news | 27 days ago
- February 11: GM Fuel Pump Module Recall: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain recalls | 39 days ago
- February 9: Chevy and GMC Truck Rear Fuel Tanks May Collapse recalls | 41 days ago
- February 2: GM Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed Over Flex Fuel Vehicles news | 48 days ago
55 Mph With 4000 Rpm
2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission with a brand new transmission (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2021 Trailblazer problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I was enjoying my new Trailblazer, when I was 150 miles away from home working. I decided to fill up before heading home and that’s when trouble started. Thought maybe gas cap was not on properly so I pulled over and removed and retightened. Stepped on gas to pull away and it was like my foot slipped off the pedal. Tried again stepping on gas pedal and it happened again.
I called my husband to help eliminate my fear of whether I did something wrong. I decided to pull out from service area to get back on turnpike so I stepped on the gas again to speed up and the car started to move forward, engine revving up and then nothing. I knew there was an issue that was not me. 300 hundred miles on a new car, on the phone with road side assistance in the dark for a tow truck all while 150 miles from home.
And may I add road side assistance is a painful process that involves stupid questions. I managed to drive at 20 mph to get off the turnpike because during all of this I am being told the tow truck will not pick me up while on the turnpike, WTH. To go 25 miles to dealer in hopes of a loaner, upon arrival they are closed. Welcome 2021 looks like you are a sibling to 2020 Corona. I am not sure if I made a good decision purchasing this vehicle and am very annoyed with this whole situation.
Update from Jul 11, 2021: It took 3 weeks and a trip back to New Jersey to pick up the trailblazer. I’m now at 7,000 miles and so far all is good. I do occasionally think I hear the engine revving when stepping on gas pedal and immediately think it’s happening again. They never tore down the defective transmission to see why it failed.
- lynnvalentin, York Haven, US