CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Chrysler 200 carries the torch of "never buy the 1st year of a new vehicle generation" with pride.

The 2015 model year is the first year of the Chrysler 200's 2nd generation. It has been plagued by problems from the start. Transmission failure at extremely low mileage, many recalls, problems stalling while driving... the list goes on. Maybe Chrysler should have stuck with the 1st generation.

7.8

2. replace esim switch (1 reports)
  3. replace oil pressure switch (1 reports)
2015 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Jan 102018

200 Limited 4.2L

Car just back from the dealer for shutting off while driving had the car back a week and now check engine light is on. Appointment with a different dealer that was beyond rude to me (ironically the dealer that was rude to me is where I bought the car brand new from) I know the check engine light has coded on the car, but its not coding for the other issue of the car shutting off while driving under another complaint for this same car. Have an appointment on Wed Jan 18th 2018 see if this other Chrysler dealer can fix or find anything wrong or if when it's returned to me with more than half a tank of gas gone ,they say nothing coded nothing found nothing wrong...

- Charlene M., Newark, US

Jul 032015

200 LX

this car is horrible, the check engine lights come on and off often. the interior is horrible not durable, the car accelerates when braking...HORRIBLE, FIRST TIME BUYING THIS TYPE OF CAR, HORRIBLE

- Grace L., Beverly, NJ, US

Apr 042016

200 C 3.6L V6

ENGINE LIGHT STAYED ON. TOOK IT TO DEALERSHIP THEY REPLACED OIL PRESSURE SWITCH. FIXED ISSUE.

- Kenneth S., Myrtle Beach, SC, US

Sep 012015

200 Limited 1.4L V4

Engine light kept on, turning on and off, took it to dealership 3 times, Finally they decided to change transmission, problem was solved. But it was a pain in the you know what, having to spend time in the dealership.

- crewmember145170, Orlando, FL, US

Aug 052015

200

Car is currently in the shop. They've had it two days now and still don't know what the problem is.

- sasha9173, Little Rock, AR, US

Aug 172015

200 200S 2.4L

My engine light turned on, ever since my car began to stall/shut down while driving and/or running. With all the complaints and problems we're having, I'm afraid we'll have an accident, and I have 3 small children to worry about and my mother who is disabled, whom originally bought the car. I'm more and more convinced the dealer sold her a lemon, but will have to wait to prove that.

- Catalina B., Rio Rico, AZ, US

Jul 072015

200 200C V6

Engine light comes on. I'm notified by email of the severity of issue. I visit local dealer who states he can't work on it til next week due to several techs on vacation (4th of July week). I visit another dealer for help who volunteers a diagnostic reading of problem which points to software problem with PCM (power control module), but work can't be done due to techs on vacation too. Return to primary dealer following week for appointment. Car brought in early morning and notified ready about noon; oil sending unit replaced. Leave dealer; engine malfunction light turns on again. I return vehicle to dealer within a few minutes. Dealer flashes software for PCM. Leave dealer and drive about 12 miles and light comes back on. Return to dealer about 4:30 same day and told to leave car as work can't be completed--install new oil sending unit as that is the code given by system. Three visits for same problem on same day.

- J S., Lowell, MA, US

Oct 172014

200 S

Not only did I have a brake issue with this car since I have purchased it, but I will also be going back in for a 5th time for the check engine light again. Every time I have gone in it has been coded as air in the tank, an emissions issue, that is "common" according to the reps at my dealership because "it's sensitive", what? They have even replaced the sensor once already too about 2 months ago but my light is on again as of today.

Where does this nonsense stop? My time is precious too, it costs money for the gas wasted and just the aggravation in general is enough for me to never recommend or buy another Chrysler again. Never have I had this with any of my 6 other vehicles with emissions issues but then again they were Nissans and Chevys, my mistake for trying Chrysler obviously.

I have owned this car for 9 months and it has only 7400 miles on it so this is beyond frustrating.Chrysler needs to get their act together!!!

Update from Jun 5, 2015: So my dealership says that for a 2nd time my ESIM switch needs to be replaced, mind you it was done almost two months ago. I certainly hope this fixes the issue permanently or I'm gonna be a raging pain in the showroom each time I have to return that nobody will purchase a car because with owning a new car for 9 months and 8400 miles on it, my car has spent over 30 days in the shop for various things total, five dealership visits just for this issue alone and 3 for my brakes. This never seems to end with Chrysler.

Update from Aug 27, 2015: Engine light came on again at 10,711. Said it needed an update , did that and it then came back as needing an new TRANSMISSION!!!!

- nevadalemon, Las Vegas, NV, US

Jun 142015

200 Limited 2.4L

click to see larger images

check engine light on check engine light on check engine light on

It's not the first vehicle that I owned to show a MIL lamp on, but its unfortunately on a new vehicle. It started mid-morning on my way to church, the car didn't start with the remote control. I approached the vehicle and proceed to start the engine with the start button, noticed that brake pedal was very hard to press and lights were to dim. Battery was drained. Later in the afternoon, I jumped start the vehicle with my wife Jeep after 5 minutes charge the 200 rev up. Check all the gauges and ran the engine for 15 - 20 minutes. Noticed on the dashboard the MIL lamp. I review every lamp switch and they were off except for the connector of the dash camera hook to aux.I will bring the vehicle to the dealer for service and find out whats wrong, but before that I will check the gas cap and fill up with a higher grade gasoline. Disappointment should not rule, we will get to bottom of this issue.

Update from Jun 17, 2015: Brought the vehicle to dealer they claimed it was a discharge battery due to leaving something on. They charge the battery (6-15-15). They claim that vehicle don't have any faults, drove the car parked it front of the house. Today (6-17-15) went to the car to pick-up some spare change, the fob didn't work. Try to start the engine with no success at all, call them up they ask me to towed the vehicle to the dealer. Bringing the vehicle this coming Friday with a bad ...

In NYS the lemon law is four strike and your out!

- Jorge L., NYC New York, US

Feb 012015

200 Limited 2.4L

BOUGHT the car brand new, paid cash (big mistake) and the car is barely 4 months old, less than 2000 miles. Boom- transmission recall, got it fixed, boom again-car needs to be brought in for an computer update....got that taken care of.

A month or so later---ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON and stays on-----brought it in to dealership, apparently fixed-under Warren. Not even 30 days later, ENGINE LIGHT AGAIN STAYS ON.

Normal driving, no hard braking, no abrupt accelerations......yet here I go back to the DEALERSHIP FOR A 4th TIME for the same problem.

And I fear I am stuck with this problem, so much for buying a new car......Thanks Chrysler.

Update from Jun 18, 2016: now car wont start-locked in park----towed it twice to dealership----HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS VEHICLE wondering if anyone has sold theirs and how much they got---2 YEARS OLD NOW

- Mj A., Mystery, ON, canada

Feb 182015

200 Limited 2.5L

its ridiculous I've had this Chrysler 200 for about three weeks and a check engine light comes on. I ignored it for two days and still hasn't gone away. As of now I'm at the dealers mechanic but who knows they probably will fix it and something else will occur not to mention i just spent 6 hours last week trying to fix my cars radio issues!!! this car just looks nice but really sucks !!!

- Rafael R., Flushing, NY, US

Jan 012015

200 C 3.6L V6

Was pulling the car out of the drive way, when I went to put it in drive the car advance only 2 feet and the system began to alarm, service brake applied, the car did not advance. Then service engine appeared and the check engine light came on. Luckily able to pull over and turned off car waited for three o five minutes restarted and it finally moved but with check engine light on. Car has been in and out of the dealership, incredible disappointment.

- morlett4, El Paso, TX, US