CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Chrysler 200 carries the torch of "never buy the 1st year of a new vehicle generation" with pride.

The 2015 model year is the first year of the Chrysler 200's 2nd generation. It has been plagued by problems from the start. Transmission failure at extremely low mileage, many recalls, problems stalling while driving... the list goes on. Maybe Chrysler should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 282019

It would not cut off

- Lorman, MS, USA

Jun 142019

200

All four tires are torn/cut and tearing, (one is torn completely and is undrivable, ) in the same circular pattern on the inside of the tire wall. Possible link to P37 recall having to do with the rear shock mount welding breaking, hence damaging the tires. Other possibilities include faulty tires, or other manufacturer defects on the vehicle not yet established that could cause damage to the tires. I noticed the issue when I went to leave work. My vehicle had been stationary all day. The front driver's side tire was leaking air at a high rate (audible from far away.) when I took the tire off to change to the spare, I noticed unusual cuts that are not indicative of a typical flat or blow out. I took off the other tires and they are all cut in a similar fashion. Photos are attached

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Apr 202019

200

When driving my vehicle from the stop position on the street or at a traffic light and I begin to accelerate the vehicle hesitates as the engine rpms increase. It takes about 2-5 seconds for the transmission to catch up with the desired speed. When driving over 45 - 55mph or higher on the highway there is a distinct humming sound coming from the front of the vehicle. A constant humming sound. When I decrease in speed the transmission jerks as if it doesn't want to go into its lower gears. This problem has been occurring with the vehicle since I purchased it used in August of 2017 in Hawaii.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Dec 222018

200

12/20/18 car won't start, used 3 newly model vehicles to jump still nothing. Basic mechanical work was preformed still nothing. Car accelerates but no physical mobility, I can drive vehicle with all doors open this model doesn't allow that because of a safety sensor. Car has over 13 codes you tube shows more.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 042019

200

I have 2 cracks in my wheel. I have already had to send 1 wheel off at my own expense to be repaired. This car is never taken off of pavement. It is only drove on the highway and city streets.

- Broken Bow, OK, USA

Aug 302018

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 65 mph, the vehicle started to shake when the accelerator pedal was depressed. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the wheels were balanced. The vehicle was later taken to dick huvaere's richmond Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram srt mopar (located at 67567 South main street, richmond, mi 48062), but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and referred the contact to NHTSA. The approximate failure mileage was 14,000.

- Lenox Township, MI, USA

Aug 012017

200

My airbag sensor has been indicating for quite a while although other 200 fall under the recall mine doesn┐T also my tire pressure sensor also has gone out

- Selma, CA, USA

Jun 292018

200

While on a trip from Georgia to Indiana. My family and I were traveling on the interstate. The front tires began to make noise and a vibration in the steering wheel. The car also began pulling hard to the left. When we arrived to Indiana, the car was taken to a tire shop. The tire shop stated that one had tread separation and the other had a broken belt. The vehicle only has 33,000 miles on it. I had to replace 2 tires. I took pictures and documented the tires. I contacted the tire manufacturer and refused to do anything without the tires being sent to them. I had no way to carry 2 tires back from Indiana to Georgia.

- Douglas, GA, USA

Jan 302018

200

Brakes, front wheel bar or something, thermostat, bought the car in August 2017. Haven't driven it very much at all. Now all these problems and I paid a great deal for this car. The transmission also acts funny at times. Not wanted to shift or shifts hard. The car was on the highway when the thermostat went out. Everything dropped on the screen and red thermostat came on and red letters about something hot stabilizer, throttle body, something.

- Falmouth, KY, USA

Feb 032018

200

The lug nuts are swollen and I am unable to get them off and either can the dealership

- Lake Orion, MI, USA

Jan 042017

200

First, there is the HVAC/windshield defrost. My concern with that condition is that my vehicle is my main source of travel and to have the HVAC to work properly in the summer is vital as well, as having a clear windshield. A breakdown at night, an accident, hitting a pole hole, something or someone would be far worse than a mere inconvenience. Incidentally, my intended use of the vehicle was made quite clear to the sales staff when I bought it. Second, and the matter of far greater concern to me is the transmission. Car making clucking noise, vibrating, jerking while shifting gears and launching while driving as if someone hit me from the back. Third, vehicle is only 2 years old and has had to have the drive shaft replaced. Which in return I┐ve been without vehicle for more then 14 days and occur extra expenses of car rentals, tires and wheel alignment due to irregular wear. Fourth, hesitation on attempt to accelerate. I was informed that issue would be resolved with replacement of drive shaft. Defective drive shaft was the reason for delay and jerking. Fifth, excessive gas burning. I was informed that exist because of drive shaft. Once drive shaft was replaced it didn┐T resolve issue. I was giving a formula to calculate gas mileage, which was given to dealer. Car averaging 16mpg. Per car sticker fuel economy: Highway 29/ city 18. Car is driven mostly on highway without a lot of stop and go traffic. Our state's lemon law dictates that a vehicle carries a presumption that it is a lemon if a condition exists ┐that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven and the nonconformity has been subject to repair two or more times by the manufacturer or its agents, and the buyer or lessee has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the nonconformity.┐

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 162017

200

Had to have the wheel hub replacement after only having the car for 1 year put needs shocks only three years old

- Crum Lynne, PA, USA

Aug 042017

200

Tire wear indicators showing at 13,000 miles.

- St Clair Shores, MI, USA

Apr 222017

200

Nexen factory tires on front both have had to be replaced early (based on tread life) because of very dangerous cracking/splitting along the sidewall. Local bigo tires inspected and showed me the problem. I replaced both front tires with identical new nexen replacements. Within a week I thought to research potential issue as this splitting I have never personally seen with a even poorly used tire.

- Corydon, IN, USA

Jun 012016

200

My 2015 Chrysler 200 was leaking air from the wheel. When taking the car back to the dealer don marshal Chrysler in somerset ky. They dismounted the tire from the wheel and found a stress crack in the wheel that was causing the tire to go flat. This was on the front tire and if not for the low tire indicator light this could have caused me to have had a wreck. The head mechanic said that it was not from any damage from hitting anything. I contacted Chrysler and they did nothing about this and would not return my calls in a timely manner. I even asked to speak to a supervisor of the lady handling my claim and she was also not trying to communicate with me to resolve this matter. I feel that the metal used in making this wheel is defective and would like someone to look into this matter. I worked as a firefighter for over 22 years and have seen many wreck. I feel that this is important enough that if someone doesn't look into this that it could end up causing several wrecks and which could end up causing someone to lose their life. I bought a new wheel out of my own pocket since Chrysler would not communicate with me. I still have the old wheel with the crack on the inside. I would send it off to have it tested for structural weakness if I knew where to send it to. I think Chrysler or the company that makes the wheels has a defective metal that could cause a wreck. Hoping someone looks into this matter and makes Chrysler double check their wheels. Also they need to learn to communicate with their customers in a timely manner. I kept a record of how many times I called and what few times they returned my calls. When they did call back it was always at the close of their business hours and would leave a voice mail knowing I would not have time to return their call.

- London, KY, USA

Aug 132016

200

While driving down an interstate at 80mph, tire monitoring system light came on. Car managed to get pulled to the side of road. Left front tire showed a crack in the side wall and the tread peeling from the tire. Upon further inspection, 3 of 4 tires all showed similar signs of being faulty.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Jul 282016

200

In June 2016 the AWD light came on while I was driving on the parkway. A call to the service dept. Said it could be a glitch in the computer, turn it off for a while and restart. The AWD light continued to light up. I took it in for service the dealer said it was a computer chip problem (ptu module was bad) that took 4 days two fix.two weeks later on 7/18/16 after noticing dark spots on my driveway I took the car in, the diagnosis was a leak of transmission fluid in the bell housing causing the transmission in a 2 year old car to be replaced. An hour ago, (7/28/18 9:30P) I was driving 60 miles an hour on the gsp when the battery light suddenly came on and "shift to P" message came on in the dash. The "D" on the gear shift panel started flashing about a min later the vehicle began to lose power. I pulled over and restarted the car. It started up I was barely able to get to the side of the road on a dark highway with lots of traffic. It was a catastrophe in the making! this is the 3rd major issue with this new vehicle.

- Roselle Park, NJ, USA

Jul 022016

200

Vehicle developed slow tire deflation after being parked overnight. Removed wheel to inspect for tire puncture and discover crack in bead seat of rim. There was no impact to wheel as there is no damage to surrounding area besides normal road wear. Dealer inspected and agreed damage seems spontaneous.

- Baltimore, OH, USA

Apr 152016

200

As I was driving the car (with 22,000 miles) on the highway a noise was heard and as I accelerated more the noise got louder, coming from the front. The vehicle was taken to the dealership and a road test was completed and the mechanic confirmed that both the front wheel hubs needed to be replaced. The warranty covered the repair and car rental.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 132015

200 4-cyl

This car was rented to me by enterprise leasing company in the chicagoland area. As I was in the process of making a left turn (West bound) onto a residential street, I had the passenger side front tire break away from the chassis causing me to lose control of the vehicle and hit two parked car. After the collision, I inspected the car and found the passenger-side front tire broken off and positioned 90 degrees (perpendicular) to the car in the wheel well. The hubcap side of the tire was facing backward, relative to the car, broken off from the lower control arm with the frame of the vehicle resting on the street.

- Chicago, IL, USA