8.4

2016 Chrysler 200 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chrysler 200:

2016 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Jun 012019

200

Just got it back 8/6 from the 2nd dealership to try and get this fixed. I live in INDIANA and had to drive to Michigan to get it fixed. So far it is working ok other then a new issue that it is now stalling while driving.

- Kristin K., North Liberty, IN, US

Nov 152018

200 Limited

Vehicle still shifting very rough and the dealer can not diagnose the problem because the engine light has not came on.

- Ashley T., Sicklerville, US

Dec 202016

200 Limited 2.4L

Horrible shifting and jerking of the transmission - caused me to think I'd been rear ended on several occasions due to the sever jolt. The problem could not be replicated the first couple of times I took it into the dealership. -Though it happens EVERY time I drive it. Finally after the third or fourth time I took it in - ALL FOUR MOTOR MOUNTS WERE BROKEN! Oh, NOW they believe me! They re-flashed the software and said it was fixed. It was not. I was forced to pay a $100 deductible so that it would be covered under the warranty later on. Really?

- Becky L., Mesa, US

Jan 282017

200 Limited V6

I went to the dealership and was advised my jerking was a software issue. They claim they fixed it, but the jerking continued. Took my car back and the dealership never even looked at my car after having it for a week. Filed a complaint with Chrysler-they advised to go see another dealership.

A year goes by, car still jerking. Go to new dealership, and I was advised I have to pay to have the software fixed. This car has been nothing but problems since I have had it. The customer service is trash too! NEVER WILL I BUY A CHRYSLER AGAIN!! This car is TRASH!

- Dee D., Sugar Land, US

Jan 102018

200

I’ve had my car in the shop on 3 different occasions at two different Chrysler dealerships before they found what was wrong. After replacing the valves in the transmission it still jerks intermittently. Now they are telling me that the car has to try to reset itself. I don’t know what else to do, HELP

- Donna M., Chattanooga, US

Oct 102017

200 Limited 2.4L

This is a 2016 Chrysler 200 less than 35,000 miles on it and it is shifting like the transmission is gonna go out!!! A brand new car and already has transmission issues! I feel like I bought a lemon!!! Bunch of junk, I thought Chrysler was a good brand, guess I was WRONG!!!!!!!

- clonch37, Vonore, US

Sep 062016

200 Limited 2.4L

It been in the shop so far 8 times for the hard shifting problem. Dealership said its normal. Started about 20k and hasn't been fix at all.

- Nick B., Graham, WA, US

Oct 272017

200

When accelerating, the cars' RPM's will rise and it will not shift to the next gear until it slams into gear. Causes a severe jerking/lurching feeling.. It occurs nearly every time I drive and in any gear. The car has been flashed and new updates have been re-installed but the issue is on-going. I have spoken with the dealership and I am on a waiting list for a loaner car and for the car to be reviewed by the Transmission mechanic...again

- Jennifer S., Conroe, US

Sep 012016

200 Limited 4

A brand new vehicle making clanking noises while shifting gears, while at the same time jerking the car, is definitely is a forewarning of future major transmission problems. I keep taking it to the dealership and they continue insisting that the noise and the jerking and the rough shifting is completely normal. I am involving the manufacturer Chrysler in the hope that something will be done to fix this before it becomes a disaster.

- Jose B., Orlando, FL, US