- January 7: Jeep Wagoneers and Jeep Grand Wagoneers Recalled recalls | 20 days ago
- January 1: Chrysler to Buy Back Model Year 2022 Ram 1500 Trucks recalls | 26 days ago
- December 17: Jeep Grand Cherokee L Headlight Failures Cause Recall recalls | 41 days ago
- December 17: Jeep Wrangler 4xe SUVs Recalled Over Odometer Failures recalls | 41 days ago
- December 12: Chrysler Recalls Ram 2500, Ram 3500 and Ram 1500 Classic recalls | 46 days ago
Chrysler Preliminary Evaluation PE06009: FUEL TANK PUNCTURES
2004 Chrysler Pacifica
FUEL TANK PUNCTURES
Fuel System, Gasoline:Storage:Tank Assembly
- On February 22, 2006, ODI opened PE06-009 to investigate reports that the fuel tanks on model year (MY) 2004 to 2005 Chrysler Pacifica vehicles may be punctured by contact with road debris.the number of reports submitted by Chrysler was significantly higher than those submitted by other manufacturers who were requested to submit data as part of investigation PE05-050 into MY 2003 to 2006 Nissan murano vehicles that may have had insufficient shielding of the fuel tank to prevent punctures after contact with road debris.Nissan issued recall 06V-003 involving increasing the shielding of the fuel tanks to reduce the likelihood of tank punctures. Chrysler has noted that they had in place from January 2003 to June 2005 a parts restriction program on Pacifica fuel tank replacements which may have made the number of reports artificially high in comparison to manufacturers which did not have a similar program in effect.Chrysler also questioned whether many of the field reports of fuel tanks replaced due to damage from unknown cause were actually punctured. This investigation has been upgraded to an engineering analysis (EA06-010) to gather additional information concerning the alleged defect in the subject vehicles.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.