- September 7: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Lawsuit Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- July 7: Chrysler Sued For $100 Million Over Keyless Ignition news | 70 days ago
2004 Dodge Durango
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.
Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?
2004 Dodge Durango Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- ABS And Traction Control Failure4
- Brakes Wear Too Quickly2
- Brakes Locked Up, Vehicle Would Not Move1
- Emergency Brake Tensioner Broke1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic10
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control8
- NHTSA: Service Brakes8
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock4
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air: Antilock: Abs Warning Light1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Wheel Speed ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Pedals And Linkages1
- NHTSA: Traction Control System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.