- January 16: Chrysler Says Hacking Lawsuit Should Be Tossed Out news | 1 days ago
- January 8: Chrysler Uconnect Lawsuit Continues For Kansas Customers news | 9 days ago
- January 3: Chrysler Recalls Vehicles With Kidde Fire Extinguishers recalls | 14 days ago
- December 27: 2005 Dodge Dakota Recalled Over Heated Seats recalls | 21 days ago
2005 Dodge Durango
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
Worst 2005 Durango drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- 4WD engaging unintentionally4
- NHTSA: Power Train118
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.