- March 4: Dodge Dart Clutch Issues at Heart of Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 18 days ago
- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 34 days ago
- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 60 days ago
- January 16: Chrysler Says Hacking Lawsuit Should Be Tossed Out news | 63 days ago
2005 Dodge Durango
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
2005 Dodge Durango Drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- 4WD engaging unintentionally5
- lost 4wd1
- NHTSA: Power Train142
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.