- August 3: Chrysler Minivan Sliding Door Problems Being Addressed investigations | 5 days ago
- August 2: Chrysler Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensor Recall Investigated investigations | 6 days ago
- July 25: Chrysler Infotainment System Hacking Lawsuit is Over news | 14 days ago
- July 22: FCA Recalls Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 Cars recalls | 17 days ago
- June 17: Chrysler ABS Module Repairs Forthcoming: Recall Issued recalls | 52 days ago
Dodge Recall D17: Daimlerchrysler/Air Bag Clockspring
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan
This condition will manifest itself through illumination of the air bag warning lamp, and could eventually result in a driver's air bag open circuit, if the part is not replaced in a reasonable amount of time.
- On certain minivans, the driver's air bag may become disabled due to a failure of the clockspring, which is located in the hub of the steering wheel.
- Dealers will replace the clockspring assembly on all covered vehicles with 70,000 miles or less. For those vehicles with more than 70,000 miles, DaimlerChrysler will offer an extended lifetime warranty under which it will replace the clockspring at no charge if it fails. DaimlerChrysler will also reimburse owners who have paid to have the clockspring replaced on their vehicles. The recall began on October 12, 2004. Owners should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.