- August 3: Chrysler Minivan Sliding Door Problems Being Addressed investigations | 16 days ago
- August 2: Chrysler Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensor Recall Investigated investigations | 17 days ago
- July 25: Chrysler Infotainment System Hacking Lawsuit is Over news | 25 days ago
- July 22: FCA Recalls Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 Cars recalls | 28 days ago
- June 17: Chrysler ABS Module Repairs Forthcoming: Recall Issued recalls | 63 days ago
Dodge Recall 895: Daimlerchrysler/Fuel Leakage
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan
Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source can result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Fuel Injection System
- Vehicle description: Mini vans built with 3.3L and 3.8L engines have fuel rails with nitrole rubber O-ring seals that can degrade over time. Fuel leakage from the underhood fuel injection fuel rail could result, increasing the likelihood of a vehicle fire.
- Dealers will install a seal on the vehicle fuel rails to prevent external leakage of fuel from the fuel rail crossover tube, should the existing O-rings continue to degrade. Owner notification began on January 25, 2002. Due to the large quantity of vehicles involved in this campaign, the owner notification will be phased over the next several months. However, if a vehicle is leaking fuel from the O-rings, the vehicle should be taken into a dealer to have this repaired as soon as possible. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.