8.4

$1,009.00

2. replace TIPM (5 reports)
  3. performed the bypass of tipm relay using other recall kit (1 reports)
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments

Nov 012017

Grand Caravan

Several issues have occurred with my vehicle which leads me to believe that there is a faulty TIPM installed. I have experienced on numerous occasions turning the key in the ignition and only getting a click, remove key fob and try again, vehicle starts. I have also recently turned key fob in ignition and had the starter continually turn without starting vehicle. Was unable to remote unlock vehicle one morning and had to unlock with the key located in key fob. Once vehicle was unlocked, vehicle would not start, acted like it had a dead battery. Placed vehicle on charger and got it started. Mechanic checked vehicle could not find anything wrong. Drove car for 3 days and the check engine light came on and has not gone out. If Dodge knew about these issues they should be held accountable for repairs.

- , Chicopee, US

Nov 282017

Grand Caravan Mainstream 3.2L Fl Ffv Dohc 6 cyl

I have changed the battery, alternator, starter all to come to finally find out I have a BAD TIPM. I don't understand why there isn't a recall as of yet. I am a single parent and need my vehicle for work and my kids. This is costing me money and causing me stress that I don't need. So now I am debating on what to do since this is going to cost me more money that I can't afford to spend and right before the holidays. The mechanic that finally found my issue stated I can get it started after 34 tries and then it might stall or stop on me in the middle of the road. This is so not safe. So at loss because I am still paying for this vehicle.

- , Schaumburg, IL, US

Mar 012016

Grand Caravan

I have taken my dodge grand caravan in for recalls multiple times to adjust the computer. Every time some little glitch seemed to appear. First the wipers would speed up and slow down randomly, the window only works when it wants to. the gas pump you can hear running even when the vehicle is off at random times as well. while driving there is a random jerk occasionally. the charging ports began doing out. the car would start when it wants to. I have had the fuses checked, the starter replaced and the batter replaced 3x . I checked and all connections are in good condition and not corroded. the alternator starter and battery are all good. After the vehicle fires up and is running it will stay on the next day it is the same problem. continuing to try and try to start. sometimes it is a click sometimes it will just not turn over. After a time and continuous tries it turns over . There are no warning lights etc. The only thing mentioned to me is that it may be the tipm.

Something has to be done i cannot keep ding this with 6 children especially with cold weather coming and

we travel often. this is dangerous to have such an unsafe vehicle. I am so aggravated and annoyed.

- , Copperas Cove, US

Oct 012017

Grand Caravan Crew 3.6L

Intermittently been having problems with the van starting over the last couple years, then it got really bad the last couple months to the point it would not start at all! It wanted to start but would not turn over. I had to have it towed to a garage to be repaired. I talked to the mechanic and told him about what I had found and he agreed that very well could be the problem and sure enough it was! Of course I had to have a TIPM that was more expensive. Hopefully everything works out!

- , Belvidere, US

Aug 152017

Grand Caravan

I have only had my van for two years and it's been nothing but a huge headache. These past few months have been hell as the dealership thinks that the TIPM is not the problem when I know damn well it is. I know a bit about vehicles and when I push on the wires, fuses of the TIPM my vehicle does not act up for a while I'm pretty much just buying time until the company admits that this is a problem/safety concern. I can only do this so much before my vehicle just decides to crap out. I refuse to pay any more money into this heap of crap!!!! I had a Toyota before I had children and never had it in the shop other than the regular maintenance. After owning a Dodge, I can safely say that I will NEVER buy a dodge as long as I live and will spread the word of how dissatisfied I am. The FACT that they know these parts are defective and causing HUGE safety issues and they do nothing, just blows my mind. That is not how to keep clientele coming back for your product. They should take responsibility for their F up and RECALL the TIPM in these models. What's it going to take? People getting killed because they shrug it off. Something needs to be done. I have spent over $2000 in this vehicle that I bought at a dealership in what I thought was in good condition.

- , Kenora, ON, Canada

Oct 312017

Grand Caravan

I got stuck on Halloween at a gas station ! car would not start I missed seeing my kids get dressed for Halloween . I had to have the car towed home then it wouldn't start again had it towed to my mechanic who cost me hundreds of dollars trying different thing thinking it was the fuel pump fuel relay etc.... a fortune in labor only to finally figure out the tipm is defective . over $ 800 to fix i cant afford plus lost wages from trying to find rides to work etc.... I am so pissed off that isnt being handled appropriately by a manufacturer as large as Dodge. This van is only 6 years old what the heck !!!!!

- , Riverside, US

Nov 152017

Grand Caravan Mainstreet 3.6L V6

Ever since purchasing the vehicle numerous times when turning the key to start the van it would do nothing, like if the battery was totally dead. I would move the shifter or sometimes step on the brake pedal and then try starting it again and it would start and be fine. I never knew when it would do it again. Numerous times I had the electrical system (battery and alternator) checked they would always check out good.

Recently after sitting overnight I couldn't start the van. The battery had been totally drained. I had to call triple A to jump start it.The very next morning the battery was totally drained again. I removed the battery, had it charged and tested and the battery tested fine. Ah ha something was draining the battery as the van sat overnight. T

he last few times this in the past couple of weeks when the battery wasn't dead the engine would crank but wouldn't turn over because the fuel pump wasn't sending any fuel to the engine. it would spit and sputter until it started. Another problem was on a couple of occasions when coming out in the morning the electric windows would be totally open.

When it got to the point of the 2 days with the dead battery issue I took the van in to the dealership (Bengal Motors, Kingston, N.Y. 12401). They diagnosed it as having a bad TIPM. They kept it for about a week until they got the part and replaced the TIPM. It cost me $1,096.00. After researching the matter I was shocked when I learned the scope of the problem. I certainly hope and expect to get reimbursed for this!!!!!!!

- , Hurley, US

Oct 272017

Grand Caravan Mainstreet 3.6L

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan has a faulty fuel pump relay on the TIPM. I have been stranded a few times because the relay stayed closed after the ignition was shut off, and the fuel pump continued to run draining the battery. Now, the van will frequently not start because the relay stays open and does not supply power to the fuel pump. I ordered a bypass cable from Vertical Visions to get my van back on the road. Chrysler needs to issue a recall!

- , Saint Cloud, US

Oct 032017

Grand Caravan LS 3.6L

Had to replace the TIPM in my Dodge van. It is the same as the ones recalled from the 2011 Jeep and Dodge Durango. Dodge say there is not a recall for my vehicle. The 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. The TIPM that was sent to replace the defective one is a new design. It came with 5 pages on changing wiring to re install. Obviously Dodge knows of the problem but the will let the customer eat the 1100 dollar bill.

- , Lansing, US

Nov 112016

Grand Caravan

Vehicle will start when it wants to. The starter keeps going until you turn the key to the off position. then you can try again and the same will happen or it may start up and drive all around town. Once parked again it is hard to restart. Recalled on other vehicle with this common issue why not fix it as the new boards have the same issue.

- , Portsmouth, VA, USA

Mar 012016

Grand Caravan

Apparently this TIPM is a common issue with recalls for several model, unfortunately not the grand caravan. Spoke with both dealer and customer service to no avail...said it was normal "wear and tear". But when I stated in was aware of the class action suit the customs service representative "Bonnie" became short and confrontational. She stated I had to re place the TIPM at my own expense and if Chrysler did extend the recall to cover my model I could file for a rebate. Dealer, Imperial Motors of Mendon MA, were even less helpful

- , Uxbridge, MA, USA