8.4

$1,230

1. replace TIPM module (47 reports)
  3. replace TIPM (24 reports)
  4. replace the TIPM (12 reports)
  5. bypass TIPM with relay for fuel pump (11 reports)
  6. reconnecting ground on TIPM fuse box (2 reports)
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Apr 012018

Grand Caravan Crew 3.4L

TIPM is faulty and have been replaced. Seems like it should have been recalled for the little $$ it actually costs to bypass it.

- Brian B., Spring Hill, FL, US

Oct 142017

Grand Caravan LX

Started a couple months ago that when I tried to start the car, would crank but not turnover. After a few tries it would. Yesterday morning tried to start and it would crank but not turn over. Went online and I am sure this is the problem, the TIPM fuel relay switch.

- Leilani Y., Addison, US

Jun 152016

Grand Caravan Crew 3.6L

Over a year ago intermittently when you would unlock the doors the horn would start going off and pushing the buttons on the fob after a couple minutes you could get it to stop (pulled fuses). Could not find anyone who had any idea what was causing it. Six months ago the battery started going dead had it checked and the alternator both were fine. Was able to track down that the TIPM had faulty relays that were not shutting down. Now the fuel pump runs non stop (must pull battery cable to keep battery from going dead). The horn relay and fuel pump relays are stuck and can not be replaced separately. From what I see online cost is about $1200 - 1500 to repair. Found a place to send the TIPM in and get it repaired for aprox. $300 and be without till it comes back or buy one off line but then you have to have it reprogramed for your rig.

- John T., De Soto, US

Aug 112017

Grand Caravan Mainstreet

STARTED WITH CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, TO THE ENGINE HITTING HARD WHEN PUTTING INTO DRIVE FROM REVERSE. THEN TO THE DOORS OPENING AND CLOSING WHEN I PUT VEHICLE IN PARK, THEN TO THE CAR NOT SHUTTING OFF WHEN I REMOVED THE KEY, TO THE CAR STARTING AND THEN DYING RANDOMLY, THEN FINALLY, THE CAR WOULD NOT TURN OVER WHEN I TRIED TO START THE CAR.

- cyn_kennedy, Bloomington, US

Jun 152015

Grand Caravan Crew 3.2L V6

Van started having problems starting, then stalling out and left us stranded several times. Wipers go on and off whenever they chose, rear backup camera stopped working, interior lights and dash lights flash on and off whenever they want as well. Most severe was not starting especially since I still owe $8000 on this vehicle. Found a temporary solution through an internet search and it has saved us so far but it is only a band-aid. If anyone is interested in the temporary fix please email me as I am not certain if I can post the website here or not. The engineer who sells the fix guarantees his bypass. We have used his bypass since July 2015.

- vkg1965, Baldwin Park, CA, USA

Jun 012017

Grand Caravan 3.6L

We recently have been having issues with our van stalling while driving at all speed ranges. This is really concerning me as we most of the time have 3 children in this vehicle as it is used as our family vehicle and when it stalls you lose all control of the power steering and brakes which is really hazardous on the freeway.

Just this morning we almost got rear-ended as the van stalled doing about 65 MPH and we quickly began to slow down once it stalled causing the vehicle be hide us to basically swerve into the other lane causing a even bigger accident.

Now I'm reading all this complaints and finding out that Dodge will not come forward and replace these defective relays.

Dodge will be forced to once someone reports a fatality from this problem.

- John H., Cleveland, OH, US

Mar 012017

Grand Caravan

I have had problems off/on with my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan cranking but not starting. The problem is getting worse and worried about the safety of my vehicle as it's our main source of transportation for our two young kids. I do not want to put out thousands I do not have when this issue should be recalled as its all over the internet as being an issue with pending lawsuits.

- Nicole B., Kent, OH, US

Apr 122017

Grand Caravan 3.2L V6

My 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Battery indicator came on, door locks locked and unlocks, transmission goes in and out of gear and then van dies. I put in a new battery and it runs fine until battery discharges so i charge it again and run fine(battery indicator light stay on still). I am told that it's the TIPM.

- DanTDM D., Eldora, IA, US

Jan 232017

Grand Caravan 3.6L

I was having issues with my van starting. At first I thought it was just the weather as it started around Christmas. Then it started having issues all the time. I would have to put it in Neutral to get it to start, and even then it would take several tries throughout the day. I took it to a couple of places to have it looked at, and of course, every time it would start just fine for them. Finally, a friend looked at it and said that he had found online of the TIPM issues.

We took it to a dealership and that is what it was. We looked online to see exactly what it was and saw that there are some very serious issues with it that could have happened that could endanger the safety of myself and my children, so I do not understand why this hasn't been recalled. Especially the year that my vehicle was made has the most problems!! Then, to top it all off, I paid for a warranty and it wasn't covered under my warranty either, so I was out of pocket over $1000!!! Not happy at all.

- Kelly L., Bowling Green, KY, US

Jan 142017

Grand Caravan Mainstreet 3.6L

fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Karol S., Sussex, WI, US

Jul 102016

Grand Caravan Crew 3.6L

The TIPM No Start issue occurred on our 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan the day after we got back from a road trip (thank the Lord). I researched the problem and found the temporary by-pass solution pretty quick and performed it to get the van to the Dealer. I went ahead and had them fix the problem at the Dealer. The mechanic knew exactly what the issue was and performed the "outboard relay" option to fix the issue. I wrote a letter to Dodge Customer Service explaining the issue and referencing the two other recalls on the Grand Cherokee and Durango. I provided my receipt and requested full re-imbursement. The response from Dodge Customer Service was basically “sorry for your problem however you’re out of warranty and there is no recall on this issue for your specific vehicle”. My next steps are to submit a follow-up letter and CC the Better Business Bureau.

- Justin P., Sand Srings, OK, USA

Oct 142016

Grand Caravan 3.2L

if dodge is aware of its failure re the tipm part, then add me to any lawsuit!!

- billdgto, San Diego, US

Jun 012016

Grand Caravan

Out of no where, I had start up problems. It made a click sound, like it was dead. It had battery life to windows, radio, door locks, wipers, etc. it would just click. I researched and saw people had a trick to get it turned on. Turn it to the 1st position three times allowing the lights on the dash to come on, the fourth time turn on the car. It worked for months. One day it no longer worked.

I took it into the dealership and they told me to replace the fuel pump and TPIM. They told me the amazing price of 2500$ and it wasn't on warranty. I told them they could keep it. I researched online and found Verticalvisions.com. I reviewed thier video and decided to try it. It was less then 50$ for the cable, bypass thingy. Went to the dealership on a Sunday, installed it, jumped the car, it it started right up. I let it run for awhile because it' had been dead for 2 weeks.

Went back on Monday, complained again about the non recall and said I wasn't fixing the TIPM or fuel pump. Made them pay for my diagnostic fee because I was about to drive it off the lot fixing it myself. Told them about the bypass cable, called them crooks, and drove off the lot. They were shocked. Now I'll praying it will be recalled. I don't want to sell the car in a private sale and its almost paid off. I don't want another car payment. I'm going to wait it out and pray my inexpensive fix works for years on out!

I've only had one issue since the cable. It wouldn't start, again that damn clicking sound. I think it's the key fab because I noticed it didn't want to lock. After waiting for the tow truck, I decided to lock/unlock the van using the door lock button. I waited 20 minutes and the brat strayed right up.

One thing is for sure, I will never by a Dodge or Chrysler again.

- Hada M., Jacksonville, NC, US

Nov 142016

Grand Caravan 3.2L

Car will crank but not start, replaced the alternator twice, the battery once and getting ready to take it to the dealership to get TIPM replaced.

- Papa N., Kenner, LA, US

Nov 302016

Grand Caravan Crew 3.6L

I used the quick fix bypassing the fuel pump relay after ready about other owners experiencing a similar issue. I think Dodge should repair/recall as it has been an issue with other models.

- dogreen1962, Houston, TX, USA

Jan 112017

Grand Caravan Crew 3.6L

Known problem, not covered...what else can I say but pain in the ass!

- mikekbc, Langley, BC, Canada

Dec 242016

Grand Caravan Crew 3.6L

Van would turn over but not start. So I would try again and again until it did start. After 4 months of this. on Christmas Eve, it failed to start and the battery died. I found a way to bypass the fuel pump relay via the fuse box and it worked. I ordered an external fuel pump relay to fix the problem. It's better than paying $1200+ for a new TIPM. If you are handy with cars the fuse box bypass is really easy. Google it.

- Keith M., Slc, UT, USA

Dec 222016

Grand Caravan

After fixed TIPM and paid 1505 dollars, and new problem with left read signal light. I called Dodge again and they said that I have to pay 110 dollars for checking. And after checked and we had to pay 321 dollars extra to fix the wired because they said that it was separated. And again more problem, after picked our Caravan, when we open the sliding doors, and it causes alarm every time! We don't trust Dodge again because they will use our money for B.S. excuse! It was at Dodge company, Georgetown, Texas near Round Rock, Texas. I paid almost 2000 dollars.

Update from Jan 5, 2017: I mean right rear not left read.

- Jon O., Austin, TX, USA

Jul 012015

Grand Caravan 3.6L

The van would not start reliably, often leaving my wife stranded at the store or school. Did some online research and found out that Dodge has an issue with the TIPM. I ordered and replaced the TIPM myself and had to have the dealership program it. The front directional blinkers stopped working after this was done and still don’t work. Dodge quality is awful. I have many issues with this vehicle.

- Eric S., Dundee, MI, USA

Dec 152016

Grand Caravan Crew

i love dodge, but this car is really starting to annoy me.

- mailhotca, Long Beach, CA, USA