- May 25: Ford Bronco Seat Belt Problems Cause Recall of 175,000 Broncos recalls | 8 days ago
- May 19: Ford and Lincoln Backup Camera Recall Failed recalls | 14 days ago
- May 17: Ford Truck Steering Wheel Clock Spring Recall to Begin recalls | 16 days ago
- May 12: Ford Recalls 2.3L RWD, 3.3L Gas, 3.3L FHEV and 3.0L ST Explorers recalls | 21 days ago
- May 11: Ford Recalls Explorer Police Interceptor Utility SUVs recalls | 22 days ago
2008 Ford Edge
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 80,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 16 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2008 Edge problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
IF THE FORD DEALERS KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM THEY SHOULD FIX THE ISSUE.
- Ann S., Newark, OH, US