- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 2 days ago
- August 27: Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator Recalled recalls | 21 days ago
- August 27: Ford Recalls F-150 Super Cab Trucks For Seat Belt Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- August 18: Ford Fuel Delivery Module Recall To Prevent Stalled Engines recalls | 30 days ago
- August 7: Ford Backup Camera Recall Investigated By Feds investigations | 41 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 80,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 16 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)