- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 24 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 26 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 28 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 31 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 32 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 75,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)