- September 26: Ford 'Death Wobble' Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- September 24: Ford Mustang Mach-E Recalls Ordered For Glass Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- September 23: 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Brake Shudder and Vibration news | 4 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 6 days ago
- September 18: Ford F-150 Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
2008 Ford Edge
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
2008 Ford Edge Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Slipping With No Odometer And Error Lights21
- Transmission Failure16
- Transmission Noise, Running Roughly8
- Loss Of Acceleration7
- Car Rolls Backward On Slight Incline When In Drive2
- Transmission Slipped, Wrench Light On2
- Ptu Valve Leaking1
- Slips Into Neutral1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission15
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control Module (Tcm, ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Edge Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Edge compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Edge overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Edge.