CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Edge is starting to show a similar trend to the prior model year of the engine stalling while driving, which owners report is typically caused by low-mileage problems with the throttle body. This is typically considered a safety defect.

1. replace solenoid (1 reports)
2016 Ford Edge transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Edge:

2016 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Edge SE 4 cyl

I requested the Ford dealer to take a look at my transmission during one of my scheduled oil changes. I was informed they do not have mechanics available on the weekend. I let it go until the next oil change and demanded a transmission inspection because I was getting a hard shift into reverse from park, a hesitation from first to second and while driving if I took my foot off the gas and put it back on the gas (as if slowing mildly) it would hesitate to find a gear. They inspected the transmission and it turns out it is a shifting solenoid and their words

"we do not have the part, it will take a couple weeks to get here. you will be fine driving your car. it is only hurting the solenoid"

Somehow, I doubt that. I was supposed to be called the moment the part came in... I had to call them and turns out the part had been sitting there for 3 days. I scheduled an appointment (a week after I called because they were booked) for a Monday (LABOR DAY) WHICH THEY SUGGESTED!!! I drove the car to the dealer and the service bay is closed for the entire day and sales did not open for another couple hours. I left a nasty voicemail but have yet to be called back. Not impressed.

- Ashley T., Hamilton, OH, US