- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 10 days ago
- October 4: 2020 Ford Explorer Recalled For Wiring Harness Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- October 4: Ford F-Series Super Duty Trucks Recalled For Axle Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- September 18: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed news | 26 days ago
- September 14: Ford Transmission Settlement Appeal: No Settlement news | 30 days ago
Ford Recall 17S16: Torque Converter Connection May Fail
2017 Ford Edge
If the torque converter weld studs fail, the torque converter will not be connected to the engine flexplate and the vehicle will lose the ability to move, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Torque Converter
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Lincoln MKZ and Ford Edge and Fusion vehicles. On vehicles with 2.0L gas engines and six-speed automatic transmissions, the torque converter weld studs may have been inadequately welded.
- Ford or Lincoln will notify owners, and dealers will replace the torque converters, free of charge. The recall began August 25, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S16.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - August 21, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Safety Recall 17S16
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)TSB - September 25, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Safety Recall 17S16 – Supplement #1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - July 10, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Advance Notice Safety Recall 17S16
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.