- January 20: Ford Super Duty Power Tailgates Keep Opening investigations | 1 days ago
- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
- December 24: Ford Door Latch Settlement Receives Final Approval news | 28 days ago
- December 22: Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator Recalled For Motor Mounts recalls | 30 days ago
Ford Recall 17S16 (S2): Torque Converter Connection May Fail
2018 Ford Edge
If the torque converter weld studs fail, the torque converter will not be connected to the engine flexplate and the vehicle will lose the ability to move, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Torque Converter
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Ford Edge and 2017 Lincoln MKZ vehicles. On vehicles with 2.0L gas engines and six-speed automatic transmissions, the torque converter weld studs may have been inadequately welded.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the torque converters, free of charge. The recall began on July 5, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S16 (S2). Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 17V-427.
- Documents (10)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- ...
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.