- March 18: Ford Door Ajar Sensor Lawsuit Says Warning Lights Stay On news | 1 days ago
- March 16: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes in the Cabin Causes Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- March 14: Ford Focus and Fusion Recalled For Clutch Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- March 14: Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars For Steering Wheels That May Fall Off recalls | 5 days ago
- March 5: 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Transmissions Overheat: Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems
2005 Ford Escape (Page 1 of 7)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 69,781 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.