- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 10 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 11 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 14 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 26 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 26 days ago
Brakes Squeal/Make Loud Noise When Pressed
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 4,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- change the brake pads (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)