- September 18: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- September 14: Ford Transmission Settlement Appeal: No Settlement news | 5 days ago
- September 13: 2017 Ford Explorers Recalled After 31 Hand Injuries recalls | 6 days ago
- September 3: Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit Says MPG Ratings False news | 16 days ago
- September 1: Ford Recalls 2019 Fiesta Over Brake Fluid Leaks recalls | 18 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System Problems
2013 Ford Escape (Page 1 of 11)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 11
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 5 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 45,373 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.