- January 22: Ford Fuel Filter Recall Affects F-Series Diesel Trucks recalls | 5 days ago
- January 21: Recall: Ford Brake Lights Won't Turn Off recalls | 6 days ago
- December 30: Ford Recalls 2022 F-250 and F-350 Super Dutys recalls | 28 days ago
- December 26: Ford Broncos and Rangers Recalled For Radar Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- December 25: Ford Recalls Mustang Mach-E and Mustang Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.