- March 18: Ford Door Ajar Sensor Lawsuit Says Warning Lights Stay On news | 5 days ago
- March 16: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes in the Cabin Causes Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- March 14: Ford Focus and Fusion Recalled For Clutch Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- March 14: Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars For Steering Wheels That May Fall Off recalls | 9 days ago
- March 5: 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Transmissions Overheat: Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.