- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 1 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 13 days ago
- June 12: Ford Explorer Recall: Suspension Problems in 1.2 Million SUVs recalls | 14 days ago
- June 11: Ford Truck 'Death Wobble' Lawsuit Includes F-250 and F-350 news | 15 days ago
- June 10: Ford CP4 Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Says Automaker news | 16 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.