- July 24: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Burn Risk recalls | 10 days ago
- July 13: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 21 days ago
- July 1: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350 and F-550 Diesel Trucks recalls | 33 days ago
- July 1: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled recalls | 33 days ago
- June 11: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Issued After Crashes recalls | 53 days ago
"Transmission Fault" Warning
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The top problem trend for the 2014 Escape is transmission failure at around 70k miles.
This is relatively low mileage for an expensive transmission failure ($4,500 average to fix), but unless the trend becomes more established, we are only awarding the 2014 Escape our "Beware of the Clunker" badge for now.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 73,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 16 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
- replaced transmission (6 reports)