8.0

2. charged battery (1 reports)
  3. replace battery (1 reports)
2017 Ford Escape electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford Escape:

2017 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 022021

Escape SE 2.0L

Car battery keeps draining from sitting. Had called towing twice and had help jumping 4 more times. I believe I have an amp draw that stays even when the vehicle is off. I was ready to get a jump on 2.15.21 and while I was lifting the hood I kept hearing ticking noises when the car was completely off. The battery was tested and passed. The ticket said its low on charge and I don't understand why. I keep my display off and nothing is plugged in and no lights were left on. I am trying to get it in the shop to find out what is the cause of drain. After reading few other issues I have a suspicion on the auto-start engine feature in my dashboard. It's frustrating because I have to keep calling people to save me. Sadly this will be my first and last Ford.

- Mia K., Petoskey, US

May 212020

Escape ES 2.0L

First battery lasted 2 years, warranty replacement battery lasted 1 year.

- thedudeca, San Diego, US

Apr 292019

Escape Titanium

This is the third time it has happened, about once a month so far. The dealer has no clue as to the cause of the problem. I am tired of paying for a car, I cannot depend on. The dealer replaced the battery time 3, but to get to the dealer is 45 minutes away, soon to be 75 minutes away. Summer traffic nightmare. Not a keeper on this one.

- Mary Jane A., East Hampton, US

Jan 182019

Escape Titanium 2.0L

Vehicle had no issues when parked. Not used for two days. Electrical system had no power when I tried to use vehicle two days later. Connected battery charger. Warning appeared on screen that the " Electrical System Shut Down to Conserve Battery Power ". Trickle charged battery for 4 hours. Electrical system functioning correctly. Could not find any lights left on. Heater fan motor was in on position but only operated when the car was running. I have used the vehicle for three days now with no issues. The vehicle has been parked for two days again. Outside temperature has been 0 Deg for two days.

- Richard T., Inverary, ON, Canada