- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 9 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 10 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 13 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 25 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 25 days ago
2017 Ford Escape
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2017 Ford Escape
Official recalls have been issued for the 2017 Ford Escape by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Ford customer service.
2017 Ford Escape VISIBILITY:POWER WINDOW DEVICES AND CONTROLS, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE NHTSA Campaign #16V617000
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2017 Ford Escape Titanium and SE vehicles manufactured October 5, 2015, to May 12, 2016. The settings for the closing-force of the power-operated windows may allow the windows to close on an object such as a body part and injure it before the windows auto-reverse. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 118, "Power-Operated Window Systems."
Consequence: If a window closes on a body part, it can increase the risk of injury.
Actions: Ford has notified owners, and dealers will update the power window operating system software, free of charge. The recall began on September 6, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16C12. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V617000 »