- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 8 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 29 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 29 days ago
Ford Recall 16C12: Power Window Force May Be Excessive/FMVSS 118
2017 Ford Escape
If a window closes on a body part, it can increase the risk of injury.
Visibility — Power Window Devices And Controls
Electrical System — Software
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2017 Ford Escape Titanium and SE vehicles manufactured October 5, 2015, to May 12, 2016. The settings for the closing-force of the power-operated windows may allow the windows to close on an object such as a body part and injure it before the windows auto-reverse. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 118, "Power-Operated Window Systems."
- Ford has notified owners, and dealers will update the power window operating system software, free of charge. The recall began on September 6, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16C12.
- Documents (13)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Press Release
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 118
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - August 23, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 16C12
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - January 23, 2017 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 16C12 Supplement #1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.