- August 16: Ford PowerShift Transmission Warranty Extension Announced news | 5 days ago
- August 15: Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Seat Belt-Related Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- August 10: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Over Harsh Shifting news | 11 days ago
- August 9: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Filed By Troopers news | 12 days ago
- August 7: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators For 2 Problems recalls | 14 days ago
Ford Recall 18C01: Second Row Power Windows May Not Reverse/FMVSS 118
2018 Ford Expedition
If the window does not automatically reverse when an obstruction is found, it can increase the risk of injury.
Visibility — Power Window Devices And Controls
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator vehicles. The second row window control modules may intermittently stop the movement of the power window. If something, such as a finger, is pinched by the window glass, the stopped window control module may prevent the window from automatically reversing. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 118, "Power-Operated Window Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the second row window electronic control modules, and replace them as necessary based on their build date codes, free of charge. The recall began on February 16, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18C01.
- Documents (6)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- February 6, 2018 - NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 18C01 Certain 2018 Model Year Expedition and Navigator Vehicles Rear Door Modules
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 118
- Miscellaneous Document - FORD MEDIA CENTER - Ford issues Safety Compliance Recall; Expands Safety Recall for Vehicles Containing Certain Takata Airbag Inflators
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- January 17, 2018 - NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 18C01 Certain 2018 Model Year Expedition and Navigator Vehicles Rear Door Modules
Click a tab for more information.