- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 27 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 29 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 31 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 34 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 35 days ago
Ford Recall 18C01: Second Row Power Windows May Not Reverse/FMVSS 118
2018 Ford Expedition
If the window does not automatically reverse when an obstruction is found, it can increase the risk of injury.
Visibility — Power Window Devices And Controls
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator vehicles. The second row window control modules may intermittently stop the movement of the power window. If something, such as a finger, is pinched by the window glass, the stopped window control module may prevent the window from automatically reversing. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 118, "Power-Operated Window Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the second row window electronic control modules, and replace them as necessary based on their build date codes, free of charge. The recall began on February 16, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18C01.
- Documents (6)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- February 6, 2018 - NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 18C01 Certain 2018 Model Year Expedition and Navigator Vehicles Rear Door Modules
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 118
- Miscellaneous Document - FORD MEDIA CENTER - Ford issues Safety Compliance Recall; Expands Safety Recall for Vehicles Containing Certain Takata Airbag Inflators
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- January 17, 2018 - NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 18C01 Certain 2018 Model Year Expedition and Navigator Vehicles Rear Door Modules
Click a tab for more information.