8.0

2015 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Explorer:

2015 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jan 012016

Explorer XLT V6

automatic temperature control on Sync2 intermittently starts on its own to drop current setting both left and right with a click at each degree change until it reaches the lowest temperature or highest temperature. the on off button becomes disabled when this happens. Am I the only one with this problem?

- William H., Monroe, US

Nov 252015

Explorer XLT 3.5L

As a loyal Ford owner, this is very disappointing. There is clearly no customer loyalty from Ford - sadly. This was a problem that occurred when the vehicle was new. I notified the dealership (Marin County Ford) both verbally and eventually asked them to document the problem to ensure that it was noted while under warranty. The dealership checked it out on two occasions and could not fix it. They said they would have to take in the car for an extended period of time and would provide a loaner car. When this appointment arrived, they could not provide me with a loaner car, and therefor I could not leave my vehicle. By the time I was able to get another appointment, my Explorer was just over the 36,000 mile warranty period (like a couple of hundred miles). Both the dealer AND Ford Motor Co. have now refused to fix the problem.

This is amazing to me given that I will never buy a Ford again. I have always wanted to buy American, and Ford was my favorite - that loyalty was just destroyed. Sad!

- Kevin W., San Rafael, CA, USA