- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 9 days ago
- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 10 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- January 29: Ford Focus Suspension Lawsuit is Over news | 25 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 27 days ago
2009 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: After a half-decade of major transmission problems, Ford seems to have solved all the major defects with the Explorer.
We are happy to say that both the CarComplaints.com & the NHTSA data indicate no problems whatsoever with the 2009 Ford Explorer.
Worst 2009 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 7
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.