- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 3 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 4 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 7 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 19 days ago
2009 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: After a half-decade of major transmission problems, Ford seems to have solved all the major defects with the Explorer.
We are happy to say that both the CarComplaints.com & the NHTSA data indicate no problems whatsoever with the 2009 Ford Explorer.
Worst 2009 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 7
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.