- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 6 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 13 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 20 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 20 days ago
2010 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: After a half-decade of major transmission problems, Ford seems to have solved all the major defects with the Explorer.
We are happy to say that both the CarComplaints.com & the NHTSA data indicate no problems whatsoever with the 2010 Ford Explorer.
Worst 2010 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 24
- drivetrain problems8NHTSA complaints: 14
- AC / heater problems5
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.