- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 21 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Transit Vans After Reports of Fires recalls | 22 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls 2017 F-150 Over Transmission Problems recalls | 22 days ago
- October 25: Ford Recalls 2018 F-150 Trucks For Shift Lever Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- October 22: Ford Explorer Class-Action Settlement Awaits Appeal Court news | 26 days ago
2011 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems52NHTSA complaints: 24
- interior accessories problems29NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems20NHTSA complaints: 329
- cooling system problems16
- AC / heater problems15NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 44
- transmission problems7
- exhaust system problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- seat belts / air bags problems6NHTSA complaints: 26
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 39
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 51
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 30
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 35
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 18
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.