- January 22: Ford Fuel Filter Recall Affects F-Series Diesel Trucks recalls | 1 days ago
- January 21: Recall: Ford Brake Lights Won't Turn Off recalls | 2 days ago
- December 30: Ford Recalls 2022 F-250 and F-350 Super Dutys recalls | 24 days ago
- December 26: Ford Broncos and Rangers Recalled For Radar Problems recalls | 28 days ago
- December 25: Ford Recalls Mustang Mach-E and Mustang Vehicles recalls | 29 days ago
2011 Ford Explorer
Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The steering complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation into the power steering problems in June 2012, which lead to a recall in 2014. However years later, many 2011 Explorer owners report this defect is still occurring.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
2011 Ford Explorer Exhaust System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Bad Or Burnt Smell During Hard Acceleration3
- Exhaust Fumes In The Cabin3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.