- October 20: Ford Transit Connect Recall Issued To Protect Engines recalls | 0 days ago
- September 30: Ford Rear Camera Recall For 701,000 Vehicles recalls | 20 days ago
- September 29: Ford F-250 and F-350 Front Axle Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- September 27: Ford Recalls Expeditions Again Over Seat Belts recalls | 23 days ago
- September 25: Ford Recalls Mustangs For Brake Pedal Problems recalls | 25 days ago
2011 Ford Explorer
Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The steering complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation into the power steering problems in June 2012, which lead to a recall in 2014. However years later, many 2011 Explorer owners report this defect is still occurring.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
2011 Ford Explorer Exhaust System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Bad Or Burnt Smell During Hard Acceleration3
- Exhaust Fumes In The Cabin3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.