- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes 661,000 Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 14 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 46 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 53 days ago
Ford Recall 17S33: Doors May Open While Driving
2015 Ford F-150
A door that opens while driving can increase the risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Ford F-150, and 2017 F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 Super Duty trucks. The doors on these vehicles may have a bent or kinked actuation cable or the door latches may freeze after water gets into the latch. Either condition can result in the doors opening while driving although they appear to be closed.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the door latch actuation cables and repair if necessary, and install water shields over the door latches, free of charge. The recall began October 12, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S33.
- Documents (8)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 17, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 17S33 – Advance Notice
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Media Correspondence
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.