- June 4: Ford Recalls Bronco, F-250 and Ranger Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- May 25: Ford Bronco Seat Belt Problems Cause Recall of 175,000 Broncos recalls | 11 days ago
- May 19: Ford and Lincoln Backup Camera Recall Failed recalls | 17 days ago
- May 17: Ford Truck Steering Wheel Clock Spring Recall to Begin recalls | 19 days ago
- May 12: Ford Recalls 2.3L RWD, 3.3L Gas, 3.3L FHEV and 3.0L ST Explorers recalls | 24 days ago
Clunks Under Load In 4wd
CarComplaints.com Notes: We aren't rating the 2015 F-150 as "bad" yet, but there is an early trend of complaints about the transmission shifting roughly.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 14,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2015 F-150 problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
It started at only 3,000 miles with a loud clunk every time I'd switch from 2wd to 4wd. After changing back to 2wd it would stay in 4wd and clunk loudly after it would switch back, It wasn't immediate. At 13,500 miles it started clunking really loud. It would only clunk loudly at 2wd. It would stop at 4wd. Dealer wanted me to leave it there for four days. Instead I bought it for $130. Information I got when I bought it was that they had over 30 in stock. This is the same part that the 2008+up F150's have. Very problematic part is made out of plastic. When I removed it, it was broken. I replaced it and the problem stopped. It doesn't clunk at 2wd. The problem is still present. Now it only clunks when under load or acceleration in 4wd. It is annoying and I'm disappointed with the quality of my truck. At first I was thinking that this was due to the 21/2 inch leveling kit I installed but I remember the clunking started before the leveling kit was installed. I love the truck but I'm deeply disappointed simply because this is a recurring problem since 2008. I assumed the problem would have been fixed by 2015. It wasn't. Now I hate my truck. Worst purchase ever.
- Rafael M., El Paso, TX, US