- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 20 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 27 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 34 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 47446
2015 Ford F-150
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- Some Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with a 2.7L or 3.0L EcoBoost engine may exhibit an oil leak from the engine oil pan RTV seal. Replace the oil pan following the procedure in Workshop Manual (WSM) Section, 303-01. After removing the oil pan it is suggested to allow the crankcase to drain overnight to minimize the chance of residual oil contaminating the crankcase sealing rail. Remove all traces of old RTV and clean the engine sealing surface using only Motorcraftù Metal Brake Parts Cleaner, then wipe with Motorcraftù Metal Surface Prep Wipes and allow to air dry. Refer to WSM, Section 303-00 > RTV Sealing Surface Cleaning and Preparation. If possible, allow the new RTV sealant to cure for 4 hours before refilling the engine with oil. Skipping or improperly completing steps may result in repeat oil pan leaks.
Click a tab for more information.