- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 20 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 27 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 34 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 47922
2015 Ford F-150
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- SSM 47922 - Various Vehicles - 2.7L/3.0L EcoBoost Engine - Oil Filter Service Tip When servicing the oil filter on vehicles equipped with a 2.7L or 3.0L EcoBoostengine it is critical to inspect the oil filter housing center stem to verify is not separated or damaged. If the center stem is damaged or separated from the housing this will result in oil flow through the reservoir drain port causing low engine oil pressure and internal engine damage. If the filter housing stem is damaged or separated, the oil filter housing must be replaced. If the center stem is not damaged or separated, the O-ring seals on the stem and housing must be replaced each time the filter is serviced.
Click a tab for more information.