- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 14 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 21 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 28 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 28 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 47976
2015 Ford F-150
Affected Component: POWER TRAIN
- On vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission it is imperative that the converter pilot hub be greased with Motorcraft Multi-Purpose Grease Spray XL-5-A even if grease was not applied from the factory. Also verify that the engine/transmission alignment dowel pins are present as well as the engine crankshaft dowel pin, if equipped, when installing the transmission. Failure to adequately lubricate the converter hub greatly increases the likelihood of the flexplate cracking in the future. Missing dowels may cause a misalignment issue also resulting in a premature failure. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01.
Click a tab for more information.